Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Depressing News

I'm a huge pet lover.

My husband and I have two pit bulls: Moira and Midi and three cats: Scrambles, Navi, and Angel. We probably spend more money on their health and well-being than we do ourselves. All our pets are definitely members of the family.

My cat, Angel, is 16 years old. She's traveled with me through six moves. Through junior high, high school, undergrad, and pharmacy school. She's the only pet that has come from my childhood home. Much less to say, she's been my constant little buddy throughout the years.

Her health has declined these past six months. Her kidneys are failing and we've worked with trying to get her hyperthyrodism under control. We've been giving her dexamethasone and cyanocobalamin injections to try and stimulate her appetite. We've given her subcutaneous IV fluids since she's not eating and drinking well. But none of that really helped.

I'm going to have to put her down Tuesday evening. It's hard but she just had horrible quality of life this past month. I've already told my coworkers to just...leave me be when I go into work that evening.
-Pharmagurumi

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear me..so sorry you lost a friend, but you did the right thing by her
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Also, thank you for being the first to comment on my blog! I look forward to hearing from you and following your blog. :)

      Delete